• West Aussie Migration.

    Our Perth based migration & emigration consultancy will provide migration advice to any person wishing to come to or remain in Australia.

  • West Aussie Migration.

    Registered with the office of the migration agent registration authority (MARA)

    Migration Agents Registration Number (MARN):1387008

About Us

West Aussie Migration is a Perth based migration consultancy registered with the Office of the Migration Agent Registration Authority.

West Aussie Migration provides migration advice to any person wishing to come to or remain in Australia.

Specialising in employer sponsored temporary and permanent visa applications, investor visas, partner visas, entertainment visa applications, as well as applications to the Migration and Refugee Division of the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, West Aussie Migration aims to ensure the best possible outcome for its clients.

Attention to detail and a thorough understanding of Australian Migration law characterises West Aussie Migration as a company.

For students, West Aussie Migration's subsidiary West Aussie Education can help you with finding the optimal course to study and through its parent company West Aussie Migration can offer migration advice.

For Migration enquiries, use the contact form. For Education queries, contact via ash[@]waed.com.au

Our Specialisations

Please visit our VISAs page for more information or for different VISA options.

For complex cases, click here, or contact us.

Registered Migration Agent

Be aware that only registered migration agents can legally give migration advice within Australia.

Registered migration agents are bound by their Code of Conduct to maintain an up to date knowledge of Australian Migration Law.

Migration law is constantly changing, avoid possible pitfalls and save yourself time by using a registered migration agent today.

Migration Agents Registration Number 1387007 (Thomas Griffiths)

Click here to read information on the Migration Agent’s Code of Conduct.

Click here to read information on the regulation of the migration agent profession.

Do you need help applying for an Australian visa?

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Can West Aussie Migration provide migration advice for all of Australia, not just Western Australia?

    Yes, do not let the name fool you. Australian immigration law is controlled by the Australian Commonwealth Government and is the same across all of Australia. West Aussie Migration can provide migration advice for anyone wishing to come and live anywhere within Australia.

  • How do I get in contact with West Aussie Migration?

    Either fill in the online enquiry form here. Or call 08 9278 2543 to speak with a consultant today.

  • What is West Aussie Migration’s opening hours?

    West Aussie Migration’s opening hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Appointments can be made outside of normal office hours to accommodate people who have work commitments.

  • Why use West Aussie Migration?

    West Aussie Migration is registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority and can legally provide migration advice within Australia. Registered agents are required by law to keep their knowledge of migration law up to date. Migration law is constantly changing, avoid possible pitfalls and save yourself time by using a registered migration agent like West Aussie Migration today.


WA Skilled Occupations List: 18 occupations down from 178

Mark McGowan cites WA unemployment as big factor

Read More

Western Australian Premier Mark McGowan announced this week that the West Australian Skilled Migration Occupations List (WASMOL) used for state nomination has been slashed.

The new list contains 18 occupations which the Premier said reflects the fields where there is a genuine need to attract overseas workers.

The remaining occupations are in the medical field, including GPs and various specialists for the 190 and 489 visas.

Mark McGowan ran on a platform of tackling WA unemployment rates, among the highest in the nation. He promised to reform various areas of State government policy including petitioning the Commonwealth to remove Perth as a regional area for the RSMS scheme.

Note that these changes do not affect Skilled Independent 189 Visas. Read More: WA Government slashes Skilled Occupation List

Coalition Government Budget 2017/2018: Visa Charge Increases

Increases inline with CPI

Read More

The 2017-18 Budget handed down on Tuesday 9 May 2017 is seeing an increase in visa application charges (VAC)

All current VACs will be indexed annually in line with the forecast Consumer Price Index (CPI).

Indexation of visa application charges will occur from 1 July 2017.

Indexation applies only to the 1st instalment component of the VAC, for both primary and secondary applicants.

457 Visas abolished in order to protect Australian jobs

The at times controversial visa to be replaced with 2 separate visas

Read More

Changes to the 457

First of all, what is the 457 visa? It is a visa that allows overseas skilled workers to live and work in Australia for up to 4 years. They must be sponsored by a business who proves they couldn’t fill the vacancy with an Australian. To get a 4 year visa, their job must be on a government list of occupations deemed difficult to fill by local workers.

Most people granted 457 visas are highly skilled, employed as professionals, managers and technicians/tradespeople.

What are the changes?

The 457 visa is to be abolished, and replaced by separate 2 and 4 year visas that will be harder to get and more expensive.

The list of occupations has had 180 entries removed and those on the new visas will not be able to apply for permanent residency, as they could under the 457 visa system.

The cost for employers to sponsor the visa holders will increase to $1,150 for the 2 year visa and $2,400 for the 4 year, compared to the $1,060 for the 457 visa.

Visa applicants will now need to have at least two years experience in their job category and there will be a strengthened training requirement, generally requiring employers to contribute towards training Australian workers.

Another big change is that there will be stricter English language test requirements.

West Aussie Migration prides itself on staying abreast of migration changes to ensure that you get the best outcome when you apply for a visa. MARA 1387008

Read More: Government abolishing 457 visas, Malcolm Turnbull says

The end of Regional Skilled Migration Status for Perth?

Labor vowes to remove Perth from RSMS scheme due to ongoing unemployment levels

Read More

WA Labor have pledged to remove Perth from having RSMS status from the 11th March 2017 if they win the upcoming State election.

Labor are currently strong favourites to win the election and so there is a very real possibility of change.

This would mean that the 457 visa would remain as the sole option for international student graduates or overseas skilled people wishing to be sponsored by a company with limited work experience.

The other big effect this would have is that the occupation list for 457 visas is considerably smaller.

West Aussie Migration can help you prepare any RSMS or subclass 187 visas quickly and professionally so if you have plans to use this visa to stay in Australia, act quick and contact WAM today to avoid being disappointed by these upcoming changes.

Please click here for the interviews with Bill Shorten MP and Mark McGowan MP.

Recent changes to Work and Holiday and Working Holiday Visa Applications

Hungary, Luxembourg and San Marino added for Work and Holiday visas

Read More

The Federal goverment has made some changes to the Work and Holiday and Working Holiday visa scheme.

The legislative change was made on 20 December 2016 and specifies Hungary, Luxembourg and San Marino as eligible Work and Holiday (Temporary) (Class US) visa partner countries.

As with most other partner visa countries under this scheme, applicants will need tertiary qualifications or have successfully completed at least two years of undergraduate university study.

Further details including the respective application addresses can be found at the following link.

If you need help with your application or want Migration Advice, please contact us through the website or via visas@westaussiemigration.com


Please allow West Aussie Migration to assist you with your migration query.

Fill in the online enquiry form and one of our representatives will get back to you as soon as possible.

Your message was sent, thank you!